We produce and promote Open Latin resources
- To promote the use and benefits of Open Licensing.
- To build educational resources that can be reused, today.
- To use Open resources that can be used for many languages, as well as Latin.
- To encourage modern authors to release Latin works to the public domain, either in or after their lifetimes.
- To encourage current transcribers of public domain works
- to use Open Licences for their modifications, where copyright applies;
- to publish transcriptions on platforms such as Wikisource and Wikibooks so others can use them
- To ensure that Latin benefits from open infrastructure, such as text to speech tools.
- To help commercial tools using Open Content make better provision for Latin.
If you think this is a good idea, and want to help, please get in touch. We are at the start of this project. The first thing we need is likeminded people.